Available data on-budget and off-budget activities of Spanish central, state and local governments
AbstractIn this paper we present an analysis of the informative content of available public sector data for Central, State (Regional) and Local Governments in Spain. We first review the framework that defines budgetary arrangements in place in Spain, with a special emphasis on the decentralization process. We then present official budgetary projections for the balance of the different levels of Government and compare them with both outturn and national accounts data. We assess the magnitude of the differences between budgetary and national accounts balance data and between the latter and a balance obtained with currently available data on a broad definition of public sector activity. We attempt to establish some regularities in the relations among the different accounting variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary) in its journal MNB Conference Volume.
Volume (Year): 1 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Budget forecasts and monitoring; state and local deficits; off-budget activities.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H68 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Pedraja-Chaparro & J. Salinas-Jiménez & J. Suárez-Pandiello, 2006. "Financing Local Governments: The Spanish Experience," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0611, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Pérez, Javier J., 2005.
"Early-warning tools to forecast general government deficit in the euro area: the role of intra-annual fiscal indicators,"
Working Paper Series
0497, European Central Bank.
- Javier J. Pérez, 2005. "Early-warning tools to forecast General Government deficit in the euro area: the role of intra-annual fiscal Indicators," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/14, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Fransisco Comín, 2006. "Reaching a Political Consensus for Tax Reform in Spain: The Moncloa Pacts, Joining the European Union and the Rest of the Journey," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0601, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maja Bajcsy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.