Economic Convergence Between the CEE-8 and the European Union
AbstractThis paper analyzes the real economic convergence between the new EU entrants in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE-8) and the EU core (EU-12 or EU-15). It includes new estimates on the speed of income-level convergence and new findings about the conformity of cyclical changes. The results offer further evidence of continuous progress in real economic convergence between Central and Eastern Europe and the European Union.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by M.E. Sharpe, Inc. in its journal Eastern European Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=106044
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prettner, Catherine & Prettner, Klaus, 2014. "How interdependent are Eastern European economies and the Euro area?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 187, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Marek Rojíček, 2010. "Competitiveness of the Trade of the Czech Republic in the Process of Globalisation," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 147-165.
- Ryszard Rapacki & Mariusz Pr�chniak, 2009. "The EU enlargement and economic growth in the CEE new member countries," European Economy - Economic Papers 367, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Havettová, Miroslava & Lábaj, Martin, 2013.
"Income convergence prospects in Europe: Assessing the role of human capital dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 493-507.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Miroslava Havettova & Martin Labaj, 2012. "Income convergence prospects in Europe: Assessing the role of human capital dynamics," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp143, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Kiril Tochkov, 2013. "The Distribution Dynamics of Income in Central and Eastern Europe relative to the EU: A Nonparametric Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1063, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Catherine Prettner & Klaus Prettner, 2012. " After Two Decades of Integration: How Interdependent are Eastern European Economies and the Euro Area?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp138, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Borut Vojinović & Mariusz Próchniak, 2009. "Divergence Period in the European Convergence Process," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 685-700, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.