Income Dynamics in Argentina During the 1990’s: ‘Mobiles’ Did Change Over Time
AbstractUsing panel data from Argentina during the 1990’s, this paper concludes that, in Argentina, income ‘mobiles’ did change over time. Among the household variables with a structural relation with income dynamics, we find university education, protecting from income declines though not necessarily linked to upward movements, certain age ranges of the highest earner positively associated with family income losses and households in which the highest earner is a woman exhibiting larger income gains. Interestingly, once we controlled for other correlates, no clear structural relationship was found between initial economic position and subsequent income change. If any, this relationship is positive.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata in its journal Económica.
Volume (Year): LIII (2007)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January-December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Calle 48 No555 - La Plata (1900)
Phone: 21- 1466
Web page: http://www.depeco.econo.unlp.edu.ar/economica/ing/
More information through EDIRC
Income dynamics; mobility; panel data; Argentina;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugo Ñopo & Giorgina Pizzolitto & José Cuesta, 2007. "Usando pseudopaneles para medir la movilidad del ingreso en América," Research Department Publications 4558, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Hugo Ñopo & Giorgina Pizzolitto & José Cuesta, 2007.
"Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4557, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jose Cuesta & Hugo Ñopo & Georgina Pizzolitto, 2011. "Using Pseudo‐Panels To Measure Income Mobility In Latin America," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(2), pages 224-246, 06.
- Cuesta, Jose & Nopo, Hugo & Pizzolitto, Georgina, 2011. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Machelett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.