Establishment of Micro-Finance Bank, Utilizing NADRA’s Computerized Facilities: Suggestions for BISP, Asian Bank, World Bank and Donors Agencies to Disburse Funds
AbstractIn this article attempt has been made to analyze the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) announced by the present regime and donors’ funds disbursement. The main objective of the article is to suggest the best possible transparent way of disbursing funds allocated by the Government as well as donor Agencies. Literature review reveals that there exist some technical problems in the disbursement of funds to the deserving persons, who are badly in need of these funds. Information is collected through informal interviews of various beneficiaries while secondary data for this article is collected for the sole purpose of analyzing the factual position relating to disbursement of funds. The study indicates that at present NADRA and eSAHULAT could be the best utilized for transparent disbursement of funds as well as deposition of utility bills by re-charging the beneficiaries Accounts in real time. Process control system mostly recharges the deposited transactions on the same day, but input transactions must be processed quickly enough to enable the results to be used as feed back information.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT) in its journal KASBIT Bussiness Journal.
Volume (Year): 2 (2009)
Issue (Month): (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://kasbit.edu.pk/academics/academic-departments/marketing-management/
More information through EDIRC
Microfinance Bank; e-Sahulat franchise; BISP; Aid and Donations; Disbursement;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G35 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Payout Policy
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herani, Gobind M., 2007. "Computerized National Identify Card, NADRA KIOSKs and its prospects," MPRA Paper 6328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2002. "A Vision for Collection and Disbursing of Funds: Suggested policies for District Tharparkar," MPRA Paper 18760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Falendra K. Sudan & Falendra K. Sudan, 2007. "Livelihood Diversification and Women Empowerment Through Self-Help Micro Credit Programme: Evidence from Jammu and Kashmir," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 90-106, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yasir Jaseem).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.