Mode of compensation to internally displaced persons (IDPs) from Thar coalfields areas of Sindh
AbstractThe main purpose of this study is to suggest the transparent mode of payment to expected internally displaced persons of Thar coalfields areas of district Tharparkar, Sindh province of Pakistan. According to national and international laws if people are displaced then they are being compensated as per applicable laws. Thar itself is backward area of Pakistan. At present due to presence of Thar coalfield, it is considered the mineral rich area of Pakistan. During mining, the people will be displaced and a suitable compensation will be set to pay. As practice, all IDPs are being paid the compensations in different areas of Pakistan by traditional ways and presently at some level, electronic media is used in transfer of payment to people. To make it more transparent a model is suggested. All the people having computerized national identity card (CNIC) be considered account holders and CNIC number be considered account number, which is already in practice by NADRA KIOSKS in Pakistan. All those who have no CNIC also be assigned account number with some identification. Amount whatever is decided be electronically transferred to every account. Every account holder be given a ATM card and password and for additional security finger prints/photograph be taken and after matching these, transactions should take place.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34191.
Date of creation: 19 Nov 2011
Date of revision:
Mode of Payment; IDPs of Thar; Coalfields Areas; Compensation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-10 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010.
"Microfinance and Self-Help Finance System to Reduce Poverty from Pakistan: An It-Based Solution,"
21264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani, 2010. "Microfinance And Self-Help Finance System To Reduce Poverty From Pakistan: An It-Based Solution," Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS), Department of Business Administration, vol. 4(1), pages 57-63, December.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2010. "Microfinance And self-help finance system to reduce poverty from Pakistan: an it-based solution," MPRA Paper 35629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herani, Gobind M., 2007. "Computerized National Identify Card, NADRA KIOSKs and its prospects," MPRA Paper 6328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gobind M. Herani & Allah Wasayo Rajar & Ali Akbar Dhakan, 2007.
"Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques,"
Indus Journal of Management & Social Science (IJMSS),
Department of Business Administration, vol. 1(2), pages 147-166, December.
- Herani, Gobind M. & Rajar, Allah Wasayo & Dhakan, Ali Akbar, 2007. "Self-Reliance Micro-Finance in Tharparkar-Sindh: Suggested Techniques," MPRA Paper 5577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.