The Formation of Public Utility Holding Companies and Their Subsequent Diversification Activity
AbstractThis paper examines the stock market reaction to announcements that utilities are converting to utility holding companies. There are negative abnormal returns associated with these announcements. Holding companies permit these utilities to diversify beyond the utility industry, and the announcements of their formation may signal the market of their intentions to diversify. The negative abnormal returns associated with these announcements and the negative abnormal returns associated with subsequent announcements of acquisitions are consistent with other research showing that diversifying bidders lose more (or gain less) than non-diversifying bidders. Copyright 1995 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Germa Bel & Francesc Trillas, 2004.
"Privatization, Corporate Control and Regulatory Reform: The case of Telefonica,"
- Bel, Germà & Trillas, Francesc, 2005. "Privatization, corporate control and regulatory reform: the case of Telefonica," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-51, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.