Paradoxes of Voting Power in Dutch Politics
AbstractIn this paper we first evaluate thirteen seat distributions in the Second Chamber of the Dutch parliament by means of several indices of voting power. Subsequently, we search for the occurrence of the paradox of redistribution, the paradox of new members, and the paradox of large size for each power index. The indices used are the Shapley6AShubik index, the normalized Banzhaf index, the Penrose-Banzhaf index, the Holler index, and the Deegan-Packel index. Copyright 2003 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 115 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- László Á. Kóczy, 2009. "Measuring voting power: The paradox of new members vs the null player axiom," Working Paper Series 0903, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Kóczy Á., László & Pintér, Miklós, 2011.
"Az ellenzék ereje - általánosított súlyozott szavazási játékok
[Minority power - generalized weighted voting games]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 543-551.
- Annick Laruelle & Federico Valenciano, 2005.
"A critical reappraisal of some voting power paradoxes,"
Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 17-41, July.
- Federico Valenciano & Annick Laruelle, 2004. "A Critical Reappraisal Of Some Voting Power Paradoxes," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Carreras, Francesc & Freixas, Josep, 2008. "On ordinal equivalence of power measures given by regular semivalues," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 221-234, March.
- Laszlo A. Koczy & Miklos Pinter, 2011.
"The men who weren't even there: Legislative voting with absentees,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1129, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- László Á. Kóczy & Miklós Pintér, 2011. "The men who weren't even there: Legislative voting with absentees," Working Paper Series 1104, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Harrie De Swart & Agnieszka Rusinowska, 2007. "On some properties of the Hoede-Bakker index," Post-Print halshs-00201414, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.