Fiscal Adjustments and Their Effects during the Transition to the EMU
AbstractThe transition phase to EMU has been accompanied by considerable monetary and fiscal consolidation efforts in the EU. This paper analyses this consolidation process and its effects on economic activity in the EU. It is tested to what extent fiscal retrenchment efforts have depressed or stimulated private spending. In the case of the latter non-Keynesian effects dominate the traditional Keynesian expenditure effects of government spending, taxation and transfer payments. Copyright 2001 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 109 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Neicheva, 2006. "Non-Keynesian Effects of Government Expenditure on Output in Bulgaria: An HP Filter Approach," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-12.
- D. Van Den Poel, 2003.
"Predicting Mail-Order Repeat Buying: Which Variables Matter?,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
03/191, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- D. Van den Poel, 2003. "Predicting Mail-Order Repeat Buying. Which Variables Matter?," Review of Business and Economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen, vol. 0(3), pages 371-404.
- Kapopoulos, Panayotis, 2004. "When can fiscal consolidation be expansionary? Evidence from a small open economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 1031-1043, December.
- Afonso, António & Jalles, João Tovar, 2014.
"Assessing fiscal episodes,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 255-270.
- M. Neyt & J. Albrecht & B. Clarysse & V. Cocquyt, 2003. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Herceptin® in a Standard Cost Model for Breast-Cancer Treatment in a Belgian University Hospital," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/180, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jönsson, Kristian, 2004. "Fiscal Policy Regimes and Household Consumption," Working Papers 2004:12, Lund University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.