The Entrepreneur as Innovator
AbstractThroughout intellectual history as we know it, the entrepreneur has worn many faces and played many roles. One of those roles is innovator. This essay establishes a chronological trace of the entrepreneur as innovator in an effort to place contemporary writings within a proper historical perspective. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Technology Transfer.
Volume (Year): 31 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=104998
entrepreneur; innovator; schumpeter; economic thought; M13; B10; B20;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008.
"The Institutions of Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Panel Data,"
Ratio Working Papers
114, The Ratio Institute.
- Kristina Nyström, 2008. "The institutions of economic freedom and entrepreneurship: evidence from panel data," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 269-282, September.
- Gicheva, Dora & Link, Albert N., 2011.
"Leveraging Entrepreneurship through Private Investments: Does Gender Matter?,"
11-21, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Dora Gicheva & Albert Link, 2013. "Leveraging entrepreneurship through private investments: does gender matter?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 199-210, February.
- Rennings, Klaus & Markewitz, Peter & Vögele, Stefan, 2008. "Inkrementelle versus radikale Innovationen am Beispiel der Kraftwerkstechnik," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-087, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Sanandaji, Tino, 2013. "Small Business Activity Does not Measure Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series 959, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 26 Jan 2014.
- Link, Albert & Link, Jamie, 2010. "Government as Entrepreneur: Examples from U.S. Technology Policy," Working Papers 10-10, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Albert Link & Christopher Ruhm, 2009.
"Public Knowledge, Private Knowledge: The Intellectual Capital of Entrepreneurs,"
NBER Working Papers
14797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert Link & Christopher Ruhm, 2011. "Public knowledge, private knowledge: the intellectual capital of entrepreneurs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Vera Catarina Rocha, 2012. "The entrepreneur in economic theory: from an invisible man toward a new research field," FEP Working Papers 459, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.