Competition in securities markets: the impact on liquidity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Financial Markets and Portfolio Management.
Volume (Year): 25 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=119763
Electronic market; Trading; Liquidity; Fragmentation; Exchanges; G10; G14; G15; D40;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2005.
"Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches,"
NBER Working Papers
11280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2009. "Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 435-480, January.
- Patrick De Fontnouvelle & Raymond P. H. Fishe & Jeffrey H. Harris, 2003. "The Behavior of Bid-Ask Spreads and Volume in Options Markets during the Competition for Listings in 1999," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2437-2464, December.
- Davies, Ryan J. & Kim, Sang Soo, 2009. "Using matched samples to test for differences in trade execution costs," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 173-202, May.
- Helena, BELTRAN & Pierre, GIOT & Joachim, GRAMMIG, 2005.
"Commonalities in the order book,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques)
2005014, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- BELTRAN, Helena & GIOT, Pierre & GRAMMIG, Joachim, 2005. "Commonalities in the order book," CORE Discussion Papers 2005011, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Beltran-Lopez, Héléna & Giot, Pierre & Grammig, Joachim G., 2009. "Commonalities in the order book," CFR Working Papers 09-05, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 2003. "Quote-based competition and trade execution costs in NYSE-listed stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 385-422, December.
- Boehmer, Beatrice & Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2003. "Trading your neighbor's ETFs: Competition or fragmentation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1667-1703, September.
- Thierry Foucault & Albert J. Menkveld, 2008.
"Competition for Order Flow and Smart Order Routing Systems,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(1), pages 119-158, 02.
- Foucault, Thierry & Menkveld, Albert J., 2006. "Competition for Order Flow and Smart Order Routing Systems," CEPR Discussion Papers 5523, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Foucault, Thierry & Menkveld, Albert, 2006. "Competition for order flow and smart order routing systems," Les Cahiers de Recherche 831, HEC Paris.
- Yakov Amihud & Haim Mendelson, 2006. "Stock and Bond Liquidity and its Effect on Prices and Financial Policies," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 19-32, April.
- Hans Degryse, 2009. "Competition between financial markets in Europe: what can be expected from MiFID?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 93-103, March.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M., 1997. "A cross-exchange comparison of execution costs and information flow for NYSE-listed stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 293-319, December.
- Hamilton, James L, 1979. "Marketplace Fragmentation, Competition, and the Efficiency of the Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 171-87, March.
- Fink, Jason & Fink, Kristin E. & Weston, James P., 2006. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the growth of electronic communication networks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2537-2559, September.
- Kohler, Alexander & von Wyss, Rico, 2012. "Fragmentation in European Equity Markets and Market Quality – Evidence from the Analysis of Trade-Throughs," Working Papers on Finance 1210, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.