Simulated Annealing: An Initial Application in Econometrics
AbstractA new global optimization algorithm simulated.annealing, is tested on a difficult econometric problem. The authors find that simulated annealing performs better than conventional algorithms. Citation Copyright 1992 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computer Science in Economics & Management.
Volume (Year): 5 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Max Jerrell, 2000. "Applications Of Public Global Optimization Software To Difficult Econometric Functions," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 161, Society for Computational Economics.
- Stephen Coate & Michael Conlin & Andrea Moro, 2004. "The Performance of the Pivotal-Voter Model in Small-Scale Elections: Evidence from Texas Liquor Referenda," NBER Working Papers 10797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Matthew F. Mitchell & Andrea Moro, 2004. "Why Do Incumbent Senators Win? Evidence from a Dynamic Selection Model," NBER Working Papers 10748, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Max E. Jerrell, . "Automatic Differentiation and Interval Arithmetic for Estimation of Disequilibrium Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1996 _028, Society for Computational Economics.
- Joseph I. Daniel & Munish Pahwa, 2005. "There and Back Again: Airline Routes, Fares and Passenger Flows in Network Equilibria," Working Papers 05-07, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Matthew F. Mitchell & Andrea Moro, 2008. "Electoral Design and Voter Welfare from the U.S. Senate: Evidence from a Dynamic Selection Model," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Robert G. King & Alexander Wolman & Michael Dotsey, 2009.
"Inflation and Real Activity with Firm Level Productivity Shocks,"
2009 Meeting Papers
367, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michael Dotsey & Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 2013. "Inflation and real activity with firm-level productivity shocks," Working Papers 13-35, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Max E. Jerrell, 1999. "Environments for Global Optimization Using Interval Arithmetic and Computational (Automatic) Differentiation," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1321, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.