Parallel Strategies for Solving SURE Models with Variance Inequalities and Positivity of Correlations Constraints
AbstractThe problem of computing estimates of parameters in SURE models with variance inequalities and positivity of correlations constraints is considered. Efficient algorithms that exploit the block bidiagonal structure of the data matrix are presented. The computational complexity of the main matrix factorizations is analyzed. A compact method to solve the model with proper subset regressors is proposed. Citation Copyright 2000 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (April)
Other versions of this item:
- Erricos Kontoghiorghes & Elias Dinenis & Dennis Parkinson, . "Parallel Strategies for Solving SURE Models with Variance Inequalities and Positivity of Correlations Constraints," Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 45, Society for Computational Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Creel & William Goffe, 2008.
"Multi-core CPUs, Clusters, and Grid Computing: A Tutorial,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 353-382, November.
- William L. Goffe & Michael Creel, 2005. "Multi-core CPUs, Clusters and Grid Computing: a Tutorial," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 438, Society for Computational Economics.
- Foschi, Paolo & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2002. "Seemingly unrelated regression model with unequal size observations: computational aspects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 211-229, November.
- Foschi, Paolo & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "Estimating seemingly unrelated regression models with vector autoregressive disturbances," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 27-44, October.
- Foschi, Paolo & Belsley, David A. & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "A comparative study of algorithms for solving seemingly unrelated regressions models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 3-35, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.