Computing Equilibria in Stochastic Finance Economies
AbstractWe describe a homotopy algorithm for the computation of equilibria in Stochastic Finance Economies. The algorithm solves a nonlinear system of equations consisting of the first-order conditions of the agents' utility maximization problems and market-clearing conditions. Moreover, we discuss the use of a straightforward homotopy approach for local comparative statics. Using our methods we evaluate price, volatility, and welfare effects of options in incomplete asset markets. Citation Copyright 2000 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (April)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Covarrubias, Enrique, 2013.
"The number of equilibria of smooth infinite economies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 263-265.
- Covarrubias, Enrique, 2008. "The number of equilibria of smooth infinite economies with separable utilities," MPRA Paper 11099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrique Covarrubias, 2011. "The Number of Equilibria of Smooth Infinite Economies," Working Papers 2011-02, Banco de México.
- Mercedes Esteban-Bravo, 2004. "An Interior Point Algorithm For Computing Equilibria In Economies With Incomplete Asset Markets," Business Economics Working Papers wb046023, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Alessandro Citanna & Karl Schmedders, 2002.
"Controlling Price Volatility Through Financial Innovation,"
1338, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Alessandro, CITANNA & SCHMEDDERS, Karl, 2002. "Controlling price volatility through financial innovation," Les Cahiers de Recherche 749, HEC Paris.
- Schmedders, Karl, 1998. "Computing equilibria in the general equilibrium model with incomplete asset markets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1375-1401, August.
- Felix Kuber & Karl Schmedders, 2007.
"Competitive Equilibria in Semi-Algebraic Economies,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
07-013, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2010. "Competitive equilibria in semi-algebraic economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 301-330, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.