A Study of Corporate Real Estate Resource Management
AbstractCorporate real estate resources have been estimated at over one quarter of the current market value of the total assets of major American corporations. This study, based upon interviews with corporate real estate executives, examines the current state of corporate real estate resource management practices. It found that while the dominant view of real estate continues to be a production factor within this sample of corporations, there has been significant growth of corporate real estate units. This has been accompanied by increased influence and more active real estate resource management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 4 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael J. Seiler & Arjun Chatrath & James R. Webb, 2001. "Real Asset Ownership and the Risk and Return to Stockholders," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 199-212.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 1999. "Corporate Real Estate Research within the Academy," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 265-280.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 2001. "Lessons from the Past and Future Directions for Corporate Real Estate Research," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 22(1/2), pages 7-58.
- Robert A. Simons, 1993. "Public Real Estate Management--Adapting Corporate Practice to the Public Sector: The Experience in Cleveland, Ohio," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 639-654.
- Arnold L. Redman & John R. Tanner, 1991. "The Financing of Corporate Real Estate: A Survey," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 6(2), pages 217-240.
- Du, Julan & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Chu, Derek, 2013. "Return enhancing, cash-rich or simply empire-building? An empirical investigation of corporate real estate holdings," MPRA Paper 44253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Linda Ellis Johnson & Arnold L. Redman & John R. Tanner, 1997. "Utilization and Application of Business Computing Systems in Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(2), pages 211-230.
- Wei Kium Teoh, 1993. "Corporate Real Estate Management: The New Zealand Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 607-624.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.