A Survey of Corporate Real Estate Executives on Factors Influencing Corporate Real Estate Performance
AbstractThere is a growing awareness that corporations can profit from more effective management of their real estate assets, yet there is little academic research in the field. Based on a survey of corporate real estate executives, this article identifies some key organizational and operational factors that are considered to be important in effective corporate real estate asset management. A qualitative model of corporate real estate effectiveness is proposed, drawing on the emerging literature in the field. The model is tested using the survey data, yielding encouraging results that point to promising new areas of research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 4 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hugh O. Nourse & Dorothy Kingery, 1987. "Survey of Approaches to Disposing of Surplus Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 2(1), pages 51-59.
- Chris Manning & Stephen E. Roulac, 1999. "Corporate Real Estate Research within the Academy," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 265-280.
- Robert A. Simons, 1993. "Public Real Estate Management--Adapting Corporate Practice to the Public Sector: The Experience in Cleveland, Ohio," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 639-654.
- Anna-Liisa Lindholm & Karen M. Gibler & Kari I. Levainen, 2006. "Modelling the Value Adding Attributes of Real Estate to the Wealth Maximization of the Firm," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(4), pages 445-476.
- Linda Ellis Johnson & Arnold L. Redman & John R. Tanner, 1997. "Utilization and Application of Business Computing Systems in Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(2), pages 211-230.
- Linda L. Johnson & Terry Keasler & Stellan Lundstrom, 1993. "An Industry Profile of Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 445-474.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.