Selection Criteria for a Microeconometric Model of Labour Supply
AbstractIn this paper we develop a set of selection criteria for the specification of a female labour supply model for microdata. We look at both economic and statistical criteria in assessing various models, paying particular attention to the flexibility of the economic model and the stochastic specification of unobservable factors. Using these criteria, a model is selected from a sample of United Kingdom Family Expenditure Survey data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 1 (1986)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
Other versions of this item:
- Blundell, Richard William & Meghir, Costas, 1985. "Selection Criteria for a Microeconometric Model of Labour Supply," CEPR Discussion Papers 57, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Kooreman, Peter & van Soest, Arthur, 1990.
"Quantity Rationing and Concavity in a Flexible Household Labor Supply Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 55-62, February.
- Kapteyn, A.J. & Kooreman, P. & Soest, A.H.O. van, 1989. "Quantity rationing and concavity in a flexible household labor supply model," Discussion Paper 1989-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kapteyn, A.J. & Kooreman, P. & Soest, A.H.O. van, 1990. "Quantity rationing and concavity in a flexible household labor supply model," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-364376, Tilburg University.
- Blundell, Richard W. & Laisney, François & Lechner, Michael, 1991.
"Alternative interpretations of hours information in an econometric model of labour supply,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
91-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Blundell, Richard & Laisney, Francois & Lechner, Michael, 1993. "Alternative Interpretations of Hours Information in an Econometric Model of Labour Supply," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 393-415.
- Matloob Piracha & Stephane Mahuteau & Massimiliano Tani, 2010.
"Selection Policy and Immigrants’ Remittance Behaviour,"
Studies in Economics
1003, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Mahuteau, Stéphane & Piracha, Matloob & Tani, Massimiliano, 2010. "Selection Policy and Immigrants' Remittance Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 4874, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard Blundell & Thomas MaCurdy, 1998.
"Labour supply: a review of alternative approaches,"
IFS Working Papers
W98/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Anil Kumar, 2005.
"Nonparametric estimation of the impact of taxes on female labor supply,"
0505, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Anil Kumar, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of the impact of taxes on female labor supply," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 415-439, 04.
- Ramaele Moshoeshoe, 2012. "Consumer demand for alcoholic beverages and tobacco in Lesotho: A double-hurdle approach," Working Papers 315, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Kristian Orsini & Amadéo Spadaro, 2006. "Strategic weight within couples: a microsimulation approach," Working Papers halshs-00590395, HAL.
- Kumar, Anil, 2008. "Labor supply, deadweight loss and tax reform act of 1986: A nonparametric evaluation using panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 236-253, February.
- Soest, A.H.O. van & Kapteyn, A.J., 1989.
"The impact of minimum wage regulations on employment and the wage rate distribution,"
1989-47, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Van Soest, A. & Kapteyn, A., 1989. "The Impact Of Minimum Wage Regulations On Employment And The Wage Rate Distribution," Papers 8947, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Frederic Vermeulen, 2001. "And the winner is... An empirical evaluation of two competing approaches to household labour supply," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0123, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Orsini, Kristian & Spadaro, A., 2005.
"Sharing resources within the household: a multi-country microsimulation analysis of the determinants of intrahousehold 'strategic weight' differentials and their distributional outcomes,"
EUROMOD Working Papers
EM3/05, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Kristian Orsini & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Sharing resources within the household: a multi-country microsimulation analysis of the determinants of intrahousehold "strategic weight" differentials and their distributional outcomes," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590860, HAL.
- Harding, Matthew & Lamarche, Carlos, 2013. "Penalized Quantile Regression with Semiparametric Correlated Effects: Applications with Heterogeneous Preferences," IZA Discussion Papers 7741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaume Garcia & María J. Suárez, 2001. "Female labour supply in Spain: The importance of behavioural assumptions and unobserved heterogeneity specification," Economics Working Papers 542, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kuismanen, Mika, 2000. "Labour Supply and Income Tax Changes: A Simulation Study for Finland," Research Discussion Papers 5/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Labeaga, Jose M., 1999. "A double-hurdle rational addiction model with heterogeneity: Estimating the demand for tobacco," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 49-72, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.