Education or Inflation? The Micro and Macroeconomics of the Brazilian Income Distribution During 1981-1995
AbstractThis paper investigates the increases in inequality observed in Brazil during the 1980s, as well as the declines in the first half of the 1990s. It also documents the more cyclical trends in poverty during the same period. Using static decompositions of i
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2001)
Issue (Month): 114 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colombo, Giulia, 2008. "Linking CGE and Microsimulation Models: A Comparison of Different Approaches," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-054, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sotomayor, Orlando J., 2009. "Changes in the Distribution of Household Income in Brazil: The Role of Male and Female Earnings," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1706-1715, October.
- Paola Salardi, 2008. "Brazilian Poverty Between And Within Groups: Decomposition By Geographical, Group-Specific Poverty Lines," PRUS Working Papers 41, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Giulia Colombo, 2010. "Linking CGE and microsimulation models: a comparison of different approaches," International Journal of Microsimulation, Interational Microsimulation Association, vol. 3(1), pages 72-91.
- Meade, Birgit Gisela Saager & Rosen, Stacey L., 2003. "Food Security In Brazil: Can "Lula" Keep His Promise?," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22049, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amparo García).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.