AbstractInformation technology, as emphasized by Charnes, Kozmetsky and Ruefli, will undoubtedly influence the formulation of urban goals significantly. The more that is known and disseminated about the condition of man, his hopes, aspirations and fears in an increasingly urban world, the more broadly based will be the goals he sets for himself. And yet, will this "explosion" of information technology lead to more effective choices of end objectives? One can only hope so, but the Charnes, Kozmetsky and Ruefli paper does not provide any clear evidence that this will be the case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 19 (1972)
Issue (Month): 4-Part-2 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- I. Piliavin & B. R.E. Wright & R. D. Mare & A. H. Westerfelt, . "The dynamics of homelessness," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1035-94, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Heining, Jörg & Jerger, Jürgen & Lingens, Jörg, 2007. "Success in the Academic Labour Market for Economics - The German Experience," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 422, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2006. "Multiple Dimensions of Private Information: Evidence from the Long-Term Care Insurance Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 938-958, September.
- Cadot, Olivier & de Melo, Jaime & Tumurchudur, Bolormaa, 2007. "Anti-Dumping Sunset Reviews: The Uneven Reach of WTO Disciplines," CEPR Discussion Papers 6502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adam Ashcraft & Kevin Lang, 2006. "The Consequences of Teenage Childbearing," NBER Working Papers 12485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nilsson, Desiree, 2008. "Partial peace rebel groups inside and outside civil war settlements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4572, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.