Optimal Inventory Policies in Perturbed Demand Models
AbstractInvestigation is continued of inventory models in which customer good will is lost when stockout occurs. Several models are formulated and optimal policies for the firm are derived conceptually (i.e., algebraic equations satisfied by the optimal parameter values are determined). Both constant and distributed demand are considered, and it is shown that the same formulation applies to both.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 16 (1970)
Issue (Month): 8 (April)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ernst, Ricardo & Powell, Stephen G., 1998. "Manufacturer incentives to improve retail service levels," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 437-450, February.
- Argon, Nilay Tanik & Gullu, Refik & Erkip, Nesim, 2001. "Analysis of an inventory system under backorder correlated deterministic demand and geometric supply process," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 247-254, May.
- Ernst, Ricardo & Powell, Stephen G., 1995. "Optimal inventory policies under service-sensitive demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 316-327, December.
- Dana, James D, Jr, 2001.
"Competition in Price and Availability When Availability is Unobservable,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 497-513, Autumn.
- James D. Dana, 2000. "Competition in Price and Availability when Availability is Unobservable," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1450, Econometric Society.
- Liberopoulos, George & Tsikis, Isidoros & Delikouras, Stefanos, 2010. "Backorder penalty cost coefficient "b": What could it be?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 166-178, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.