Note—A Brand Switching Model with Implications for Marketing Strategies
AbstractA two-class “Hard-Core Loyal” and “Potential Switcher” latent model for the analysis of brand switching data is proposed. Some previously unpublished automobile data will be presented and analyzed along with another data set for frequently purchased packaged goods. We show how our simple model can be easily estimated using a standard log-linear modeling approach. We hope that the approach, examples, and managerial implications presented will stimulate increased collection and analysis of switching data in the areas of durables and services. In fact our model may well be more appropriate for these two aspects of marketing than it is for consumer packaged goods—which up to now represents almost all of the published work using switching data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Marketing Science.
Volume (Year): 8 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
loyalty; conquesting; latent class models;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang Rui & Perloff Jeffrey M & Villas-Boas Sofia B, 2006.
"Effects of Sales on Brand Loyalty,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Huang, Rui & Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2006. "Effect of sales on brand loyalty," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1011R, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Huang, Rui & Perloff, Jeffrey M & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2006. "Effect of Sales on Brand Loyalty," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2qc1p7g9, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Jackson, Tyrone W. & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1996. "Personal computer brand loyalty," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt3w5958mx, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Nadja Silberhorn & Lutz Hildebrandt, 2012. "Does umbrella branding really work? Investigating cross-category brand loyalty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-028, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Yim, Chi Kin & Kannan, P. K., 1999. "Consumer Behavioral Loyalty:: A Segmentation Model and Analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 75-92, February.
- Sergio Brasini & Marzia Freo & Giorgio Tassinari, 2005. "The effects of marketing activities on fast moving consumer good purchases : the case of yoghurt Italian market," Quaderni di Dipartimento 2, Department of Statistics, University of Bologna.
- ALTAF Mohsin & REHMAN Ahmad & ALI Ahmed, 2012. "Determinants Of Customer Switching Behavior In Banking Sector," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 7(2), pages 20-34, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.