Ethics in the public sector and different approaches to ethics in military
AbstractEthics and morals are used instead of each other in everyday life. However, there are some differences between these two expressions. Those who think that ethics is different than morals argue that ethics is more universal compared to morals. While moral is a national concept, ethics is considered to be a universal notion. It is observed that discussions on ethics in the public administration have been increasing in the world since 1970’s. The notion of ethics in the public administration as it is in the West has been drawing more attention in Turkey in recent years. The legislation regarding ethical infrastructure in the Turkish Public administration has been scattered until 2004. In this article, the developments of ethical issues are explained in legal framework and also, different approaches in military from different countries are compared. Comments are made on the differences and similarities of “codes of ethics” and “moral values”.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bilgesel Yayincilik in its journal İktisat İşletme ve Finans.
Volume (Year): 22 (2007)
Issue (Month): 251 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://iif.com.tr
business ethics; codes of ethics; ethics in military ; morals; public administration.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Bilge).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.