On the Existence and Representation of Equilibrium in an Economy with Growth and Nonstationary Consumption
AbstractIn this paper, the author generalizes R. E. Lucas's asset pricing model to allow for nonstationary consumption. He defines the e quilibrium in this setting and demonstrates its existence and represe ntation as a competitive equilibrium. The author believes that these extensions will facilitate the empirical testing of consumption-based , asset-pricing models in the Lucas-Prescott research tradition. Copyright 1988 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 29 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harold L. Cole & Maurice Obstfeld, 1991.
"Commodity Trade and International Risk Sharing: How Much Do Financial Markets Matter?,"
NBER Working Papers
3027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cole, Harold L. & Obstfeld, Maurice, 1991. "Commodity trade and international risk sharing : How much do financial markets matter?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 3-24, August.
- Rajnish Mehra, 2006. "Recursive Competitive Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 12433, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2006. "Equity Premia with Benchmark Levels of Consumption: Closed-Form Results," NBER Working Papers 12290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bonomo, M. & Garcia, R., 1991.
"Consumption and Equilibrium Asset Pricing: an Empirical Assessment,"
Cahiers de recherche
9126, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Bonomo, Marco & Garcia, Rene, 1996. "Consumption and equilibrium asset pricing: An empirical assessment," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 239-265, September.
- Marco antonio Bonomo & Rene Garcia, 1992. "Consumption and equilibrium asset pricing: An empirical assessment," Textos para discussÃ£o 284, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Bonomo, M. & Garcia, R., 1991. "Consumption and Equilibrium Asset Pricing: an Empirical Assessment," Cahiers de recherche 9126, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Cysne, Rubens Penha, 2005.
"Equity-Premium Puzzle: Evidence From Brazilian Data,"
Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
586, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Rubens Penha Cysne, 2005. "Equity-Premium Puzzle: Evidence From Brazilian Data," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 088, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Lynne EVANS & Anamaria NICOLAE, 2008. "The Output Effect Of Stopping Inflation When Velocity Is Time Varying," Journal of Information Systems & Operations Management, Romanian-American University, vol. 2(1), pages 231-253, July.
- Rajnish Mehra & Edward C. Prescott, 2003.
"The Equity Premium in Retrospect,"
NBER Working Papers
9525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Constantinides & John Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 2007.
"Junior is rich: bequests as consumption,"
Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 125-155, July.
- G. M. Constantinides & J. B. Donaldson & R. Mehra, 2005.
"Junior must pay: pricing the implicit put in privatizing Social Security,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-34, 01.
- George M. Constantinides & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 2002. "Junior Must Pay: Pricing the Implicit Put in Privatizing Social Security," NBER Working Papers 8906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lynne Evans & Anamaria Nicolae, 2008. "The Output Effect Of Stopping Inflation When Velocity Is Time Varying," Journal of Information Systems & Operations Management, Romanian-American University, vol. 3(2), pages 60-77, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.