Foreign Direct Investment and spillovers: evidence from Indian manufacturing
AbstractThis study is an attempt to empirically examine the spillover effects from the entry of foreign firms using a firm-level data of Indian manufacturing industries. Firm-level data of Indian manufacturing industries is used for the period 1994â€“2002. We consider both the horizontal and vertical spillover effects of FDI. Consistent with the results of the previous studies, we find no evidence of horizontal spillover effects. On the contrary, we find negative vertical spillover effects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Inderscience Enterprises Ltd in its journal Int. J. of Trade and Global Markets.
Volume (Year): 1 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=130
foreign direct investment; FDI; horizontal spillover; vertical spillover; India; manufacturing industry.;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manoj Pant & Sangeeta Mondal, . "FDI, Technology Transfer and Spillover —A Case Study of India," Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-04, Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Maryia Akulava & Ganna Vakhitova, 2010.
"The Impact of FDI on Firm’s Performance Across Sectors: Evidence from Ukraine,"
26, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Maryia Akulava & Ganna Vakhitova, 2010. "The Impact of FDI on Firm’s Performance Across Sectors: Evidence from Ukraine," BEROC Working Paper Series 10, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- Keshari, Pradeep Kumar, 2013.
"Efficiency spillovers from FDI in the Indian machinery industry: a firm-level study using panel data models,"
47070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pradeep Kumar Keshari, 2011. "Efficiency Spillovers from FDI in the Indian Machinery Industry: A Firm Level Study Using Panel Data Models," Working Papers id:4195, eSocialSciences.
- Iršová, Zuzana & Havránek, Tomáš, 2013.
"Determinants of Horizontal Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-15.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2011. "Determinants of Horizontal Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis," Working Papers 2011/07, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Olawumi Dele Awolusi, 2012. "Forecasting international technology transfer and international trade in Nigeria: a time series analysis," International Journal of Management and Network Economics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3), pages 282-297.
- Seda Koymen & Selin Sayek, 2010. "The Role of Human Capital In Productivity Spillovers from FDI : An Empirical Analysis on Turkish Manufacturing Firms," Departmental Working Papers 1003, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2011.
"How to Stir Up FDI Spillovers: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp1021, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tomáš Havránek & Zuzana Iršová, 2011. "How to Stir Up FDI Spillovers: Evidence from a Large Meta-Analysis," Working Papers IES 2011/34, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2011.
- Cuyvers L. & Plasmans J. & Soeng R. & Van den Bulcke D., 2008. "Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the Cambodian Manufacturing Sector: Evidence from Establishment-Level Data," Working Papers 2008004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova, 2012. "Survey Article: Publication Bias in the Literature on Foreign Direct Investment Spillovers," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 1375-1396, October.
- Selin Sayek & Seda Köymen, 2009. "The Role of Human Capital in Productivity Spillovers from FDI: An Empirical Analysis for Turkish Manufacturing Firms," 2009 Meeting Papers 919, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Jong-Rong Chen & V. Pradeep Author-X-Name- V, 2008. "Productivity Spillovers In Indian Manufacturing Firms," Monash Economics Working Papers 30/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Langley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.