Compliance In India: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractThis paper empirically examines the citizens' attitudes towards compliance using three different variables-justifiability of tax evasion, justifiability of corruption and justifiability of claiming government benefits without being entitled to it-in India, using the newest World Values Survey 1999-2001. Interestingly, these three aspects of rule evasion have not been intensively investigated in the literature and thus empirical findings are rare. The results indicate that similar determinants affect all three compliance variables and support the relevance of incorporating non-economic factors into the analysis of rule evasion.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IUP Publications in its journal The IUP Journal of Public Finance.
Volume (Year): IV (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benno Torgler & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2006. "Tax Morale: A Survey with a Special Focus on Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(III), pages 395-425, September.
- Fischer, Justina A. V. & Torgler, Benno, 2007.
"Social Captial and Relative Income Concerns: Evidence from 26 Countries,"
Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics
qt8sv0k59c, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Justina Fischer & Benno Torgler, 2008. "Social Capital and Relative Income Concerns: Evidence from 26 Countries," TWI Research Paper Series, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz 38, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Benno Torgler, 2007. "Social Capital and Relative Income Concerns: Evidence from 26 Countries," CREMA Working Paper Series, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA) 2007-05, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Benno Torgler, 2007. "Social capital and relative income concerns: evidence from 26 countries," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen 2007-05, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Justina AV Fischer & Benno Torgler, 2007. "Social Capital And Relative Income Concerns: Evidence From 26 Countries," NCER Working Paper Series, National Centre for Econometric Research 19, National Centre for Econometric Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (G R K Murty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.