Stock Splits and Information: The Role of Share Price
AbstractManagers appear to design stock splits to return the price of the company's shares to the price level achieved after the last split. Reducing the share price below the price achieved in the last split is interpreted by investors and securities analysts as a positive signal.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 28 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Krishnamurthy, Srinivasan & Spindt, Paul A., 2004. "Are share price levels informative? Evidence from the ownership, pricing, turnover and performance of IPO firms," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 377-403, October.
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & Spindt, Paul A., 2010. "Institutional Ownership, Analyst Following and Share Prices," Working Papers 10-07, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Fernando, Chitru S. & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & Spindt, Paul A., 2012. "Institutional ownership, analyst following, and share prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2175-2189.
- Pavabutr, Pantisa & Sirodom, Kulpatra, 2010. "Stock splits in a retail dominant order driven market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 427-441, November.
- Chern, Keh-Yiing & Tandon, Kishore & Yu, Susana & Webb, Gwendolyn, 2008. "The information content of stock split announcements: Do options matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 930-946, June.
- Yagüe, José & Gómez-Sala, J. Carlos & Poveda-Fuentes, Francisco, 2009. "Stock split size, signaling and earnings management: Evidence from the Spanish market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 31-47.
- Bill B. Francis & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2013. "The effects of stock splits on the bid-ask spread of syndicated loans," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 159-187.
- Chitru S. Fernando & Srinivasan Krishnamurthy & Paul A. Spindt, 2002. "Is the Offer Price in IPOs Informative? Underpricing, Ownership Structure, and Performance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Steve Johnson & Robert Stretcher, 2011. "News and noise: do investors react to stock split announcements differently during periods of high and low market volatility?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 71-78, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.