Financial Distress and Restructuring Models
AbstractThis paper provides a synthesis of the theoretical literature on financial distress. It employs a two-state framework, which more clearly captures the generalizations of the more complex models. The equation systems that are derived permit the development of a series of examples that convey the logic and intuitions behind the generalizations. The graphics help illuminate aspects of financial distress not treated in the previous literature. The role of risk is treated explicitly. Alternative assumptions generate different predictions of the effects of financial distress on investment efficiency and restructuring strategy. Central to these strategies are the recontracting arrangements between owners, creditors, and the other relevant stakeholders. The resulting framework permits an evaluation of some central provisions of the prevailing U.S. bankruptcy laws.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 24 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (Summer)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugues Pirotte & Didier Cossin, 1997.
"Swap Credit Risk: An Empirical Investigation on Transaction Data,"
Working Papers CEB
97-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cossin, Didier & Pirotte, Hugues, 1997. "Swap credit risk: An empirical investigation on transaction data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1351-1373, October.
- V. M. González-Méndez & Francisco González-Rodríguez, 2000. "Procedimientos de resolución de insolvencia financiera en España: costes de insolvencia y transferencia de riqueza," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 24(2), pages 357-384, May.
- Gary Cook & Keith Pond, 2006. "Explaining the choice between alternative insolvency regimes for troubled companies in the UK and Sweden," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 21-47, July.
- Chatterjee, Sris & Dhillon, Upinder S. & Ramirez, Gabriel G., 2004. "Debtor-in-possession financing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 3097-3111, December.
- Thanida Chitnomrath & Robert Evans & Theo Christopher, 2011. "Corporate governance and post-bankruptcy reorganisation performance: Evidence from Thailand," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 50-67, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.