Monitoring financial stability: a financial conditions index approach
AbstractMonitoring financial stability requires an understanding of both how traditional and evolving financial markets relate to each other and how they relate to economic conditions. This article describes two new indexes of financial conditions that aim to quantify these relationships.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in its journal Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): Q I ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 834, 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-0834
Web page: http://www.chicagofed.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Troy Matheson, 2011.
"Financial Conditions Indexes for the United States and Euro Area,"
IMF Working Papers
11/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Matheson, Troy D., 2012. "Financial conditions indexes for the United States and euro area," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 441-446.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Hui-Kuang Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2014.
"A Tourism Financial Conditions Index,"
Working Papers in Economics
14/13, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Hui-Kuang Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2014. "A Tourism Financial Conditions Index," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2014-20, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico, revised May 2014.
- Chang, C-L. & Hsu, H-K. & McAleer, M.J., 2014. "A Tourism Financial Conditions Index," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2014-11, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Hui-Kuang Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2014. "A Tourism Financial Conditions Index," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-060/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Espino, Freddy, 2012. "Un Índice de Estabilidad Bancaria para Perú," Working Papers 2012-015, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Schüler, Yves S. & Fink, Fabian, 2013. "The Transmission of US Financial Stress: Evidence for Emerging Market Economies," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79692, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Fabian Fink & Yves S. Schüler, 2013. "The Transmission of US Financial Stress: Evidence for Emerging Market Economies," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-01, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Oet, Mikhail V. & Bianco, Timothy & Gramlich, Dieter & Ong, Stephen J., 2013. "SAFE: An early warning system for systemic banking risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4510-4533.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.