Disagreement about the inflation outlook
AbstractDisagreement among economic forecasters about the future path of inflation has risen substantially since the start of the recession. The nature of this disagreement varies with the forecast time horizon, with some forecasters expecting much lower short-run inflation and others anticipating much higher long-run inflation. This variation may complicate the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy communications strategy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal FRBSF Economic Letter.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): oct5 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix Geiger & Oliver Sauter & Kai D. Schmid, 2009. "The Camp View of Inflation Forecasts," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany 320/2009, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Jens H.E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2012.
"Extracting Deflation Probability Forecasts from Treasury Yields,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(4), pages 21-60, December.
- Jens H. E. Christensen & Jose A. Lopez & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2011. "Extracting deflation probability forecasts from Treasury yields," Working Paper Series, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco 2011-10, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Michael D. Bauer & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2013. "What caused the decline in long-term yields?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue july8.
- Sauter, Oliver, 2012. "Assessing uncertainty in Europe and the US: is there a common uncertainty factor?," MPRA Paper 38031, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.