Monetary and Fiscal Policies' Efficiency and the Determination of a Nominal Equilibrium Exchange Rate
AbstractThe author of this paper constructs a continuous time macro-econometric model of the Czech economy. The model is assembled as a system of twelve non-linear differential equations. The model is put into use to determine the nominal equilibrium exchange rate of the Czech koruna in a macro-economic framework. The paper also investigates the effectiveness of monetary and fiscal policies in the presence of a fixed exchange-rate regime and massive capital inflows. The search for an equilibrium point is outlined and stability and sensitivity analyses are provided, along with in-sample static and dynamic predictions with the approximate discrete analogue.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences in its journal Finance a uver - Czech Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 50 (2000)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
macro-econometric model; nominal equilibrium exchange rate; effectiveness of monetary and fiscal policies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland & Katerina Smidkova, 2003.
"Estimates of Fundamental Real Echange Rates for the Five EU Pre- Accession Countries,"
- Kateřina Šmídková & Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland, 2003. "Estimates of fundamental real exchange rates for the five eu pre-accession countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2003(4).
- Katerina Smidkova & Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland, 2002. "Estimates of Fundamental Real Exchange Rates for the Five EU Pre-Accession Countries," Working Papers 2002/03, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.