The Integration of Czech Banking into the European Single Market
AbstractThis article analyses the progress of the integration of the Czech banking sector into the European Single Market. Different stages of the integration effort are assessed together with their main factors. The introduction of the euro in the Czech Republic as a legal tender subsequent to the achievement of Maastricht criteria is herein defined as the final stage of such integration. Among the integration factors addressed in the paper are: macroeconomic conditions, the degree of liberalization of capital movements, institutional conditions, harmonization of banking legislation, and outstanding microeconomic and institutional preconditions. In each of these areas the conditions that need to be met towards the Czech Republic?s accession to the EU are described, along with the different levels and stages of preparedness and the situation in the negotiation process as of March 2000, including further convergence requirements towards realizing Czech EU membership.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences in its journal Finance a uver - Czech Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 50 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
integration; banking sector; integration stages; integration factors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- E69 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Other
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.