Versatilità, produzione e tempo: le radici dei cambiamenti economici
AbstractVersatility, Production and Time: The Roots of Economic Changes - The consideration of time to build makes sharp differences when qualitative or quantitative changes in production occur. There are two different perspectives, the "sectoral’and the Neoaustrian one. A sectoral model immune of "malleability" is proposed in the article; not only labour, but at least one type of machine, must be versatile. Versatility is the source of technological evolution, a chain of efforts begun when human beings discovered that utensils could be used to produce better utensils. A new way of regarding the problem of innova- tion, based on the concept of "transition technology", is set up. When changes occur, the set of inherited machines put an internal constraint to the transition requiring the construction in time of additional or different capacity, independently of labour or financial constraints. The model allows to perform the same out-of-equilibrium analyses which are allowed by the Neoaustrian one but to widen the study of coordination.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal STUDI ECONOMICI.
Volume (Year): LXIV (2009)
Issue (Month): 99 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=59
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.