Innovazione, qualità e marchi nei distretti industriali
AbstractIn 2009, the growth and revenue performance of district firms in Italy deteriorated sharply. The effects of the 2009 crisis were evident also in terms of distribution performance as the gap between the best and worst-performing firms widened. Nevertheless, despite the difficult economic environment, the Italian production system demonstrated its good reaction capacity. Our analysis points to a significant strengthening of the ability of district firms to react through more intensive use of technological innovations, trademarks, and quality management system certifications. Nevertheless, in markets characterised by increasingly fierce competitive pressures, Italian producers need to further accelerate their efforts to innovate, raise quality, and exploit trademarks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE.
Volume (Year): 2011/3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=13
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.