Rentabilidad y tamaño de préstamo de las microfinanzas en México. Un estudio de caso
AbstractThe Mexican microfinance industry is evolving. Members were previously non-profit informal institutions. Today many of them are supervised either by the government or the market. Even though such transformation carries some benefits, there is concern that it will induce a change in their market niche and orient their financial products towards greater income families. A panel data allows us to examine the validity of such concern and gives us information on how to diminish the conflict that seems to exist between the search for financial yields and the social objective that microfinance institutions pursue.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by in its journal Economia Mexicana NUEVA EPOCA.
Volume (Year): XVII (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (July-December)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Tiscareño).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.