La política regional de innovación de la próxima generación: cómo combinar los enfoques del impulso por la ciencia y por el usuario en los sistemas regionales de innovación
AbstractThe chapter argues that the next generation of regional innovation policy is a broad based innovation policy. Such a policy means complementing a science and technology driven policy with a more demandbased, user-driven innovation policy. Finland has pioneered such a policy in its new innovation strategy. This reorientation is in line with the innovation system perspective extending the definition of innovation to include innovation as interactive learning. It is also in line with new research confirming that combining the two modes of innovation seems to be the most efficient. The unanswered question is, however, how this can be achieved? In combining the two modes of innovation the cognitive distance between the two modes become crucial. The chapter argues that two ‘bridging mechanism’ could assist in achieving an optimal cognitive distance as a conditions for combining the two modes. The first consists of acknowledging that the science and technology mode is not only restricted to scientific knowledge, but that also, applied and engineering research has to be included. The second is to realize that learning can be developmental and not only reproductive and that learning work organizations have an innovative potential for generating such learning.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government in its journal EKONOMIAZ.
Volume (Year): 70 (2009)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/Donostia-San Sebastián, 1, 01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz
Phone: + 34 945019038
Fax: + 34945019062
Web page: http://www.euskadi.net/economia
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Dpto. de Hacienda y Finanzas, Gobierno Vasco, C/Donostia-San Sebastián, 1, 01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mikel Navarro, . "Reflexiones sobre el sistema y las políticas de innovación del País Vasco," Working Papers 2010R04, Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Iñaki Treviño).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.