Keynes' Political Philosophy: The Gesell Connection
AbstractKarl Marx perhaps the most astute student of economic doctrine, once made the famous and apposite observation that in substantial passages of "The Wealth of Nations" Adam Smith "was very copiously infected with the conceptions of the Physiocrats." In parallel fashion this paper agues that in substantial portions of "The General Theory," J. M. Keynes was a mere Gesellist, particularly but not uniquely, in his expressions of political philosophy vis-a-vis the relationship between state and economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Eastern Economic Association in its journal Eastern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 21 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: c/o Dr. Alexandre Olbrecht, The Anisfield School of Business 205, Ramapo College, 505 Ramapo Valley Road, Ramapo, New Jersey 07430, USA
Phone: (201) 684-7346
Web page: http://www.ramapo.edu/eea/journal.html
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Stockholm School)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cordelius Ilgmann, Martin Menner, .
"Negative Nominal Interest Rates: History and Current Proposals,"
201143, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Cordelius Ilgmann & Martin Menner, 2011. "Negative nominal interest rates: history and current proposals," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 383-405, December.
- Ilgmann, Cordelius & Menner, Martin, 2011. "Negative nominal interest rates: History and current proposals," CAWM Discussion Papers 43, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Alessandro Lanteri, 2010. "The Economic Ethics of Ezra Pound," ICER Working Papers 25-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Ilgmann, Cordelius, 2011. "Silvio Gesell: 'a strange, unduly neglected' monetary theorist," CAWM Discussion Papers 23, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.