Determinants of credit rationing: A study of informal lenders and formal credit groups in Madagascar
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 22 (1994)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bao Duong, Pham & Izumida, Yoichi, 2002. "Rural Development Finance in Vietnam: A Microeconometric Analysis of Household Surveys," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 319-335, February.
- Shehla Amjad & SAF Hasnu, 2007. "Smallholdersâ€™ Access to Rural Credit: Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 1-25, Jul-Dec.
- Togba, Edith Leadaut, 2012. "Microfinance and households access to credit: Evidence from CÃ´te dâ€™Ivoire," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 473-486.
- Khoi, Phan Dinh & Gan, Christopher & Nartea, Gilbert V. & Cohen, David A., 2013. "Formal and informal rural credit in the Mekong River Delta of Vietnam: Interaction and accessibility," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-13.
- Manlagnit, Ma. Chelo V., 2004. "In-depth Analysis on the Access to and Suitability of the Loans," Discussion Papers DP 2004-05, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Francis Nathan Okurut, 2006. "Access to credit by the poor in South Africa: Evidence from Household Survey Data 1995 and 2000," Working Papers 13/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Okten, Cagla & Osili, Una Okonkwo, 2004. "Social Networks and Credit Access in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1225-1246, July.
- Fletschner, Diana, 2009. "Rural Women's Access to Credit: Market Imperfections and Intrahousehold Dynamics," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 618-631, March.
- Li, Xia & Gan, Christopher & Hu, Baiding, 2011. "Accessibility to microcredit by Chinese rural households," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 235-246, June.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1997. "Food marketing liberalization and trader entry: Evidence from Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 763-777, May.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00193374 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pretes, Michael, 2002. "Microequity and Microfinance," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1341-1353, August.
- Xiangping Jia & Franz Heidhues & Manfred Zeller, 2010. "Credit rationing of rural households in China," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 37-54, May.
- Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar, 2000. "Many borrow, more save, and all insure: implications for food and micro-finance policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 143-167, April.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Rungruxsirivorn, Ornsiri, 2011. "Do Village Funds Improve Access to Finance? Evidence from Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 110-122, January.
- Poirine, Bernard, 1997. "A theory of remittances as an implicit family loan arrangement," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 589-611, January.
- Maria Semenova & Victoria Rodina, 2013. "Informal loans in Russia: credit rationing or borrowerâ€™s choice?," HSE Working papers, National Research University Higher School of Economics WP BRP 14/FE/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Marian Rizov, 2002. "Budget Constraints and Profitability: Evidence from a Transition Economy," LICOS Discussion Papers, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven 11602, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Petrick, Martin, 2004. "Credit rationing of Polish farm households: a theoretical and empirical analysis," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 26, number 93022.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.