Participatory rural appraisal (PRA): Challenges, potentials and paradigm
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 22 (1994)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Baptiste, Nathalie & Kuhlicke, Christian & Kunath, Anna & Kabisch, Sigrun, 2011. "Review and evaluation of existing vulnerability indicators for assessing climate related vulnerability in Africa," UFZ Reports 07/2011, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Rai, Ashok S., 2002. "Targeting the poor using community information," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 71-83, October.
- Thompson, John, 1995. "Participatory approaches in government bureaucracies: Facilitating the process of institutional change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1521-1554, September.
- Brown, Molly E., 2006. "Assessing Natural Resource Management Challenges in Senegal Using Data from Participatory Rural Appraisals and Remote Sensing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 751-767, April.
- L. Zaibet & S. Traore & A. Ayantunde & K. Marshall & N. Johnson & M. Siegmund-Schultze, 2011. "Livelihood strategies in endemic livestock production systems in sub-humid zone of West Africa: trends, trade-offs and implications," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 87-105, February.
- Mendoza, Guillermo A. & Prabhu, Ravi, 2006. "Participatory modeling and analysis for sustainable forest management: Overview of soft system dynamics models and applications," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 179-196, November.
- Scott, James K. & Fannin, James Matthew, 2007. "Community Decision Support and the Role of the Public in Regional Policy Analysis," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2).
- Pretty, Jules N., 1995. "Participatory learning for sustainable agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Adams, Alayne M. & Evans, Timothy G. & Mohammed, Rafi & Farnsworth, Jennifer, 1997. "Socioeconomic stratification by wealth ranking: Is it valid?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1165-1172, July.
- Gladwin, Christina H. & Peterson, Jennifer S. & Mwale, Abiud C., 2002. "The Quality of Science in Participatory Research: A Case Study from Eastern Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 523-543, April.
- Frame, Bob & Brown, Judy, 2008. "Developing post-normal technologies for sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 225-241, April.
- Ashok S. Rai, . "Targeting the Poor Using Community Information," CID Working Papers 22, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Gina Crivello & Laura Camfield & Martin Woodhead, 2009. "How Can Children Tell Us About Their Wellbeing? Exploring the Potential of Participatory Research Approaches within Young Lives," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 51-72, January.
- Owens, Trudy, 2004. "External Support During the Transition Phase: Roles for Humanitarian Aid and Development Assistance from a Village Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1711-1733, October.
- Turnbull, Bernardo & Hernández, Raquel & Reyes, Miguel, 2009. "Street children and their helpers: An actor-oriented approach," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1283-1288, December.
- Shoji, Masahiro & Aoyagi, Keitaro & Kasahara, Ryuji & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2010. "Motives behind Community Participation," Working Papers 16, JICA Research Institute.
- White, L. & Taket, A., 1997. "Beyond appraisal: Participatory Appraisal of Needs and the Development of Action (PANDA)," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 523-534, October.
- Wainwright, Carla & Wehrmeyer, Walter, 1998. "Success in integrating conservation and development? A study from Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 933-944, June.
- McDonald, Diane, 1999. "Developing guidelines to enhance the evaluation of overseas development projects," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 163-174, May.
- Ilan Kapoor, 2004. "Donor participatory governance evaluation: initial trends, implications, opportunities, constraints," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 157-170.
- Shannon Sutton, 2012. "Add Producers and Stir? (Re) politicizing Fairtrade participation," Working Papers 38, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Philip Woodhouse, 2005. "Local Identities of Poverty: poverty narratives in decentralized government and the role of poverty research in Uganda," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-013, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Loader, R. & Amartya, L., 1999. "Participatory Rural Appraisal: extending the research methods base," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 73-85, November.
- Michener, Victoria J., 1998. "The participatory approach: Contradiction and co-option in Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2105-2118, December.
- Mahanty, Sanghamitra, 2002. "Conservation and Development Interventions as Networks: The Case of the India Ecodevelopment Project, Karnataka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1369-1386, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.