A study of water vending and willingness to pay for water in Onitsha, Nigeria
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 19 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hearne, Robert R., 1996. "A Review of Economic Appraisal of Environmental Goods and Services: With a Focus on Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 24144, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Engel, Stefanie & Iskandarani, Maria & Useche, Maria del Pilar, 2005. "Improved water supply in the Ghanaian Volta Basin: who uses it and who participates in community decision-making?," EPTD discussion papers 129, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- NAUGES CÃ©line & WHITTINGTON Dale, 2008.
"Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview,"
LERNA Working Papers
08.20.264, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Céline Nauges & Dale Whittington, 2010. "Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 263-294, August.
- Ukwueze Ezebuilo & Ogujiuba Kanayo & Adenuga Adeniyi, 2005. "How Useful Is Contingent Valuation Of The Environment To Water Services? Evidence From South East, Nigeria," Econometrics 0512012, EconWPA.
- Ojeda, Monica Ilija & Mayer, Alex S. & Solomon, Barry D., 2008. "Economic valuation of environmental services sustained by water flows in the Yaqui River Delta," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 155-166, March.
- Echessah, Protase N. & Swallow, Brent M. & Kamara, Damaris W. & Curry, John J., 1997. "Willingness to contribute labor and money to tsetse control: Application of contingent valuation in Busia District, Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 239-253, February.
- World Bank, 2006. "Approaches to Private Participation in Water Services : A Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6982, July.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Water Quality," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 44-62, Winter.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Managing Scarce Water Resources," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 179-198, Summer.
- Baisa, Brian & Davis, Lucas W. & Salant, Stephen W. & Wilcox, William, 2010.
"The welfare costs of unreliable water service,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-12, May.
- Coolidge, Jacqueline G. & Porter, Richard C. & Zhang, Z. John, 1993. "Urban Environmental Services In Developing Countries," Working Papers 11894, Environmental and Natural Resources Policy Training Project.
- Anand Asthana, 1997. "Where the Water is Free but the Buckets are Empty: Demand Analysis of Drinking Water in Rural India," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 137-149, April.
- Kamuanga, Mulumba & Swallow, Brent M. & Sigue, Hamade & Bauer, Burkhard, 2001. "Evaluating contingent and actual contributions to a local public good: Tsetse control in the Yale agro-pastoral zone, Burkina Faso," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 115-130, October.
- Guy Hutton, Laurence Haller and Jamie Bartram, 2006. "Economic and Health Effects of Increasing Coverage of Low Cost Water and Sanitation Interventions," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2006-33, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- M. Genius & E. Hatzaki & E. Kouromichelaki & G. Kouvakis & S. Nikiforaki & K. Tsagarakis, 2008. "Evaluating Consumers’ Willingness to Pay for Improved Potable Water Quality and Quantity," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 22(12), pages 1825-1834, December.
- Strand, J., 1998. "Water Pricing in Honduras: A Political Economy Analysis," Memorandum 21/1998, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Patrick Webb, 2005. "Water and Food Insecurity in Developing Countries:Major Challenges for the 21st Century," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 29, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Seung-Jun Kwak & Clifford Russell, 1994. "Contingent valuation in Korean environmental planning: A pilot application to the protection of drinking water quality in Seoul," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(5), pages 511-526, October.
- Prokopy, Linda Stalker, 2005. "The relationship between participation and project outcomes: Evidence from rural water supply projects in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1801-1819, November.
- Agha Akram & Sheila Olmstead, 2011. "The Value of Household Water Service Quality in Lahore, Pakistan," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(2), pages 173-198, June.
- Wang , Hua & He, Jie & Kim, Yoonhee & Kamata, Takuya, 2011. "Municipal solid waste management in small towns : an economic analysis conducted in Yunnan, China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5767, The World Bank.
- Asafu-Adjaye, John & Dzator, Janet, 2003. "Willingness to Pay for Malaria Insurance: A Case Study of Households in Ghana Using the Contingent Valuation Method," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 33(1), pages 31-47, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.