Calculating the value of time spent collecting water: Some estimates for Ukunda, Kenya
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 18 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Were, Elizabeth & Swallow, Brent & Roy, Jessica, 2006.
"Water, women, and local social organization in the Western Kenya highlands:,"
CAPRi working papers
51, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Were, E. & Swallow, B. & Roy, J., 2005. "Water, women and local social organization in the Western Kenya highlands," Conference Papers h042984, International Water Management Institute.
- Céline Nauges & Dale Whittington, 2010.
"Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(2), pages 263-294, August.
- NAUGES CÃ©line & WHITTINGTON Dale, 2008. "Estimation of Water Demand in Developing Countries: An Overview," LERNA Working Papers 08.20.264, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Agha Akram & Sheila Olmstead, 2011. "The Value of Household Water Service Quality in Lahore, Pakistan," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(2), pages 173-198, June.
- Stevenson, Edward G.J. & Greene, Leslie E. & Maes, Kenneth C. & Ambelu, Argaw & Tesfaye, Yihenew Alemu & Rheingans, Richard & Hadley, Craig, 2012. "Water insecurity in 3 dimensions: An anthropological perspective on water and women's psychosocial distress in Ethiopia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 392-400.
- O'Garra, Tanya & Mourato, Susana & Pearson, Peter, 2008. "Investigating attitudes to hydrogen refuelling facilities and the social cost to local residents," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2074-2085, June.
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 2006. "Valuing the Environment as a Factor of Production," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 621-669 Elsevier.
- Davis, Jennifer & Kang, Alice & Vincent, Jeffrey & Whittington, Dale, 2001. "How Important is Improved Water Infrastructure to Microenterprises? Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1753-1767, October.
- Coolidge, Jacqueline G. & Porter, Richard C. & Zhang, Z. John, 1993. "Urban Environmental Services In Developing Countries," Working Papers 11894, Environmental and Natural Resources Policy Training Project.
- Michael Kremer & Jessica Leino & Edward Miguel & Alix Peterson Zwane, 2011.
"Spring Cleaning: Rural Water Impacts, Valuation, and Property Rights Institutions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 145-205.
- Michael Kremer & Jessica Leino & Edward Miguel & Alix Peterson Zwane, 2009. "Spring Cleaning: Rural Water Impacts, Valuation and Property Rights Institutions," NBER Working Papers 15280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoddinott, John, 1997. "Water, health, and income," FCND discussion papers 25, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hezron Mogaka & Samuel Gichere & Richard Davis & Rafik Hirji, 2006. "Climate Variability and Water Resource Degradation in Kenya : Improving Water Resources Development and Management," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7414.
- Anand Asthana, 1997. "Where the Water is Free but the Buckets are Empty: Demand Analysis of Drinking Water in Rural India," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 137-149, April.
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Baltodano, Maria Eugenia, 2004. "The economics of community watershed management: some evidence from Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 57-71, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.