The woodfuel crisis reconsidered: Observations on the dynamics of abundance and scarcity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 17 (1989)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arnold, J.E. Michael & Kohlin, Gunnar & Persson, Reidar, 2006. "Woodfuels, livelihoods, and policy interventions: Changing Perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 596-611, March.
- Kohlin, Gunnar & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Wilfong, Christopher, 2011. "Energy, gender and development: what are the linkages ? where is the evidence ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5800, The World Bank.
- Koffi Ekouevi & Voravate Tuntivate, 2012. "Household Energy Access for Cooking and Heating : Lessons Learned and the Way Forward," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9372, July.
- World Bank, 2007. "Malawi - Poverty and Vulnerability Assessment : Investing in Our Future," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7909, The World Bank.
- Damte, Abebe & Koch, Steven F. & Mekonnen, Alemu, 2012.
"Coping with Fuelwood Scarcity: Household Responses in Rural Ethiopia,"
dp-12-01-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Abebe Damte & Steven F. Koch & Alemu Mekonnen, 2011. "Coping with Fuel Wood Scarcity: Household Responses in Rural Ethiopia," Working Papers 201125, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Tom Crowards, 1996. "Natural resource accounting," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(3), pages 213-241, April.
- Trefon, Theodore & Hendriks,Thomas & Kabuyaya, Noël & Ngoy, Balthazar, 2010. "L’économie politique de la filière du charbon de bois à Kinshasa et à Lubumbashi," IOB Working Papers 2010.03, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Kowsari, Reza & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Three dimensional energy profile:," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7505-7517.
- Hiemstra-van der Horst, Greg & Hovorka, Alice J., 2008. "Reassessing the "energy ladder": Household energy use in Maun, Botswana," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3333-3344, September.
- White, Thomas A., 1994. "Policy Lessons From History And Natural Resource Projects In Rural Haiti," Working Papers 11892, Environmental and Natural Resources Policy Training Project.
- Maes, Wouter H. & Verbist, Bruno, 2012. "Increasing the sustainability of household cooking in developing countries: Policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4204-4221.
- An, Li & Lupi, Frank & Liu, Jianguo & Linderman, Marc A. & Huang, Jinyan, 2002. "Modeling the choice to switch from fuelwood to electricity: Implications for giant panda habitat conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 445-457, September.
- Takama, Takeshi & Tsephel, Stanzin & Johnson, Francis X., 2012. "Evaluating the relative strength of product-specific factors in fuel switching and stove choice decisions in Ethiopia. A discrete choice model of household preferences for clean cooking alternatives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1763-1773.
- Mwampamba, Tuyeni Heita, 2007. "Has the woodfuel crisis returned? Urban charcoal consumption in Tanzania and its implications to present and future forest availability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4221-4234, August.
- Brouwer, Inge D. & Hoorweg, Jan C. & van Liere, Marti J., 1997. "When households run out of fuel: Responses of rural households to decreasing fuelwood availability, Ntcheu District, Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 255-266, February.
- Vahlne, Niklas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2014. "Policy implications for improved cook stove programs—A case study of the importance of village fuel use variations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 484-495.
- Zulu, Leo Charles, 2010. "The forbidden fuel: Charcoal, urban woodfuel demand and supply dynamics, community forest management and woodfuel policy in Malawi," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3717-3730, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.