An idea in good currency and how it grew: The informal sector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 15 (1987)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patel, Urjit R. & Srivastava, Pradeep, 1996. "Macroeconomic policy and output comovement: The formal and informal sectors in India," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1915-1923, December.
- Cunningham, Wendy V & Maloney, William F, 2001.
"Heterogeneity among Mexico's Microenterprises: An Application of Factor and Cluster Analysis,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 131-56, October.
- Cunningham, Wendy V. & Maloney, William F., 1998. "Heterogeneity among Mexico's micro-enterprises - an application of factor and cluster analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1999, The World Bank.
- Maloney, William F., 2004.
World Development, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Srinivas, Smita, 2007. "Urban labour markets in the 21st century: dualism, regulation and the role(s) of the State," MPRA Paper 53099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tesfachew T, 1992. "Government policies and the urban informal sector in Africa," ILO Working Papers, International Labour Organization 289918, International Labour Organization.
- Levenson, Alec R. & Maloney, William F., 1998. "The informal sector, firm dynamics, and institutional participation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1988, The World Bank.
- Collier, Ruth Berins & Palmer-Rubin, Brian, 2011. "Latin AmericaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s New World of Work: Changing Traits of Work and Problem Solving," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley qt5dq7p600, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Chen, Martha Alter, 2005. "Rethinking the Informal Economy: Linkages with the Formal Economy and the Formal Regulatory Environment," Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) RP2005/10, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Fass, Simon M., 1995. "Fast food in development," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1555-1573, September.
- Feige, Edgar L., 1990.
"Defining and estimating underground and informal economies: The new institutional economics approach,"
World Development, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 989-1002, July.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003. "Defining And Estimating Underground And Informal Economies: The New Institional Economics Approach," Development and Comp Systems 0312003, EconWPA.
- Roever, Sally, 2005. "Enforcement and Compliance in Lima's Street Markets: The Origins and Consequences of Policy Incoherence toward Informal Traders," Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) RP2005/16, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chen, Martha & Sebstad, Jennefer & O'Connell, Lesley, 1999. "Counting the Invisible Workforce: The Case of Homebased Workers," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 603-610, March.
- Richard Devey & Caroline Skinner & Imraan Valodia, 2006. "Second Best? Trends and Linkages in the Informal Economy in South Africa," Working Papers, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit 06102, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Fortin, Bernard & Marceau, Nicolas & Savard, Luc, 1997. "Taxation, wage controls and the informal sector," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 293-312, November.
- Victor Tanaka, 2010. "The â€˜informal sectorâ€™ and the political economy of development," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 295-317, October.
- Lahimer, Noomen, 2009. "La contribution des investissements directs Ã©trangers Ã la rÃ©duction de la pauvretÃ© en Afrique subsaharienne," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/1167 edited by Goaied, Mohamed & BienaymÃ©, Alain.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.