Inter-regional air transport accessibility and macro-economic performance in Japan
AbstractAlthough there have been various studies on macro-economic effect of public investment, not much attention has been paid to the impact of actual accessibility realized by transport industry and infrastructure. In this paper, we performed a cross-sectional analysis of 47 prefectures in Japan between 1995 and 2000 by Cobb-Douglas production function and growth regression approach. The results explain why deregulation and infrastructure development in air transport during 1990s manifest mixed results of inter-regional accessibility and per-capita GDP growth for core and peripheral areas in Japan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review.
Volume (Year): 43 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hooi Lean, Hooi & Huang, Wei & Hong, Junjie, 2014. "Logistics and economic development: Experience from China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 96-104.
- Dieter Bogai & Mirko Wesling, 2011. "Beschäftigungseffekte von Großflughäfen: Eine kritische Bestandsaufnahme," Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 75-91, June.
- Zhang, Anming & Hanaoka, Shinya & Inamura, Hajime & Ishikura, Tomoki, 2008. "Low-cost carriers in Asia: Deregulation, regional liberalization and secondary airports," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 36-50.
- Junjie Hong & Zhaofang Chu & Qiang Wang, 2011. "Transport infrastructure and regional economic growth: evidence from China," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(5), pages 737-752, September.
- Karaman, Fatma & Dogruel, Fatma, 2011. "Regional convergence in Turkey: the role of government in economic environment augmenting activities," MPRA Paper 34271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.