Environmental quality and transport policy in Europe
AbstractThis paper deals with the social costs of transport in Europe and with the problems associated with an improvement of environmental quality. It is--in view of the high social costs of the transport sector and its close link with our welfare society--necessary to identify and critically review strategic development scenarios for this sector. The paper gives an overview of related problems and issues and offers a sketch of alternative scenarios.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice.
Volume (Year): 26 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description
Other versions of this item:
- Himanen, V. & Nijkamp, P. & Padjen, J., 1991. "Environmental quality and transport policy in Europe," Serie Research Memoranda 0097, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruinsma, F. & Nijkamp, P. & Rietveld, P., 1990. "Infrastructure and metropolitan development in an international perspective : survey and methodological exploration," Serie Research Memoranda 0056, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 1994.
"Roads toward environmentally sustainable transport,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 261-271, July.
- Nijkamp, P., 1993. "Roads towards environmentally sustainable transport," Serie Research Memoranda 0069, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Kreutzberger, E. & Nijkamp, P. & Vleugel, J., 1992. "Assessment of capacity in infrastructure networks : a multidimensional view," Serie Research Memoranda 0058, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Verhoef, Erik & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1995. "The economics of regulatory parking policies: The (IM)possibilities of parking policies in traffic regulation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 141-156, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.