AbstractThis paper argues that the current centralised model of spectrum management is highly inefficient and should be replaced with decentralised solutions. The current model suppresses competitive entry, blocks efficient spectrum use, and insulates old technologies from innovative challenge. In the new system, the default rule should endow operators with the highest flexibility, leaving the regulator to monitor the proper working of competition rather than deciding who does what.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Telecommunications Policy.
Volume (Year): 25 ()
Issue (Month): 10-11 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pasquale L. Scandizzo & Marco Ventura, 2006.
"Bids for the UMTS system: An empirical evaluation of the Italian case,"
CEIS Research Paper
88, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Scandizzo, Pasquale L. & Ventura, Marco, 0. "Bids for the UMTS system: An empirical evaluation of the Italian case," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10-11), pages 533-551, November.
- Joshua S. Gans & Stephen P. King & Julian Wright, 2005. "Wireless Communications," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-45, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Cullell March, Cristina, 2011. "Broadcasters and radio spectrum: The emergence of a European digital dividend in the United Kingdom and Spain," 22nd European Regional ITS Conference, Budapest 2011: Innovative ICT Applications - Emerging Regulatory, Economic and Policy Issues 52186, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Banerjee, Aniruddha & Dippon, Christian M., 2009. "Voluntary relationships among mobile network operators and mobile virtual network operators: An economic explanation," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 72-84, February.
- Fulvio Minervini & Diego Piacentino, 2007. "Spectrum Management and Regulation: Towards a Full-Fledged Market for Spectrum Bands?," Working Papers 07-2007, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Nov 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.