Applications of a necessary and sufficient condition for OLS to be BLUE
AbstractThis paper considers three examples from the statistics and econometrics literature where OLS is BLUE and demonstrates the easiness of verifying this result with the necessary and sufficient condition (NSC) derived by Zyskind (1967) and more recently Milliken and Albohali (1984). In particular, the third example is extended to a more general model where OLS is still BLUE. Once again this result is verified by the Milliken and Albohali NSC.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (1989)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chihwa Kao & Jamie Emerson, 1998.
"On the Estimation of a Linear Time Trend Regression with a One- Way Error Component Model in the Presence of Serially Correlated Errors,"
- Chihwa Kao & Jamie Emerson, 1999. "On the Estimation of a Linear Time Trend Regression with a One-Way Error Component Model in the Presence of Serially Correlated Errors," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 1, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Zhang, Yanwei, 2010. "A general multivariate chain ladder model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 588-599, June.
- Lu, Cuicui & Schmidt, Peter, 2012. "Conditions for the numerical equality of the OLS, GLS and Amemiya–Cragg estimators," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 538-540.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Song, Seuck Heun, 2000. "Asymptotic efficiency of the OLSE for polynomial regression models with spatially correlated errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-10, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.