A note on EM algorithm for mixture models
AbstractExpectation–maximization (EM) algorithm has been used to maximize the likelihood function or posterior when the model contains unobserved latent variables. One main important application of EM algorithm is to find the maximum likelihood estimator for mixture models. In this article, we propose an EM type algorithm to maximize a class of mixture type objective functions. In addition, we prove the monotone ascending property of the proposed algorithm and discuss some of its applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Linton, Oliver & Xiao, Zhijie, 2007.
"A Nonparametric Regression Estimator That Adapts To Error Distribution Of Unknown Form,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 371-413, June.
- Oliver Linton & Zhijie Xiao, 2001. "A Nonparametric Regression Estimator that Adapts to Error Distribution of Unknown Form," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2001/419, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Linton, Oliver Bruce & Xiao, Zhijie, 2001. "A nonparametric regression estimator that adapts to error distribution of unknown form," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,33, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Yingcun Xia, 2004. "Efficient estimation for semivarying-coefficient models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(3), pages 661-681, September.
- Ao Yuan & Jan G. De Gooijer, 2006.
"Semiparametric Regression with Kernel Error Model,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
06-058/4, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.