Variable selection in a partially linear proportional hazards model with a diverging dimensionality
AbstractWe consider the problem of simultaneous variable selection and estimation in partially linear proportional hazards models when the number of covariates in the linear part diverges with the sample size. We apply the smoothly clipped absolute deviation (SCAD) penalty to select the significant covariates in the linear part. Some simulations and a real data set are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Hansheng & Xia, Yingcun, 2009. "Shrinkage Estimation of the Varying Coefficient Model," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(486), pages 747-757.
- Hansheng Wang & Runze Li & Chih-Ling Tsai, 2007. "Tuning parameter selectors for the smoothly clipped absolute deviation method," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 553-568.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Hansheng Wang & Bo Li & Chenlei Leng, 2009. "Shrinkage tuning parameter selection with a diverging number of parameters," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(3), pages 671-683.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Hao Helen Zhang & Wenbin Lu, 2007. "Adaptive Lasso for Cox's proportional hazards model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 691-703.
- Zhu, Li-Ping & Zhu, Li-Xing, 2009. "Nonconcave penalized inverse regression in single-index models with high dimensional predictors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 862-875, May.
- Lan Wang & Jianhui Zhou & Annie Qu, 2012. "Penalized Generalized Estimating Equations for High-Dimensional Longitudinal Data Analysis," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 353-360, 06.
- Jiahua Chen & Zehua Chen, 2008. "Extended Bayesian information criteria for model selection with large model spaces," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(3), pages 759-771.
- Wang, Lifeng & Li, Hongzhe & Huang, Jianhua Z., 2008. "Variable Selection in Nonparametric Varying-Coefficient Models for Analysis of Repeated Measurements," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1556-1569.
- Lian, Heng & Li, Jianbo & Tang, Xingyu, 2014. "SCAD-penalized regression in additive partially linear proportional hazards models with an ultra-high-dimensional linear part," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 50-64.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.