On equality and proportionality of ordinary least squares, weighted least squares and best linear unbiased estimators in the general linear model
AbstractEquality and proportionality of the ordinary least-squares estimator (OLSE), the weighted least-squares estimator (WLSE), and the best linear unbiased estimator (BLUE) for X[beta] in the general linear (Gauss-Markov) model are investigated through the matrix rank method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 76 (2006)
Issue (Month): 12 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Young, Dean M. & Odell, Patrick L. & Hahn, William, 2000. "Nonnegative-definite covariance structures for which the blu, wls, and ls estimators are equal," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 271-276, September.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Roman A. Ahmed & George Athanasopoulos, 2007.
"Optimal combination forecasts for hierarchical time series,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
9/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Ahmed, Roman A. & Athanasopoulos, George & Shang, Han Lin, 2011. "Optimal combination forecasts for hierarchical time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2579-2589, September.
- Luati, Alessandra & Proietti, Tommaso, 2008.
"On the Equivalence of the Weighted Least Squares and the Generalised Least Squares Estimators, with Applications to Kernel Smoothing,"
8910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandra Luati & Tommaso Proietti, 2011. "On the equivalence of the weighted least squares and the generalised least squares estimators, with applications to kernel smoothing," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 851-871, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.