Sub-fractional Brownian motion and its relation to occupation times
AbstractWe study a long-range dependence Gaussian process which we call "sub-fractional Brownian motion" (sub-fBm), because it is intermediate between Brownian motion (Bm) and fractional Brownian motion (fBm) in the sense that it has properties analogous to those of fBm, but the increments on non-overlapping intervals are more weakly correlated and their covariance decays polynomially at a higher rate. Sub-fBm has a parameter h[set membership, variant](0,2), we show how it arises from occupation time fluctuations of branching particle systems for h[greater-or-equal, slanted]1 and we exhibit the long memory effect of the initial condition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 69 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deuschel, Jean-Dominique & Wang, Kongming, 1994. "Large deviations for the occupation time functional of a Poisson system of independent Brownian particles," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 183-209, August.
- Bojdecki, Tomasz & Gorostiza, Luis G., 1999. "Fractional Brownian motion via fractional Laplacian," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 107-108, August.
- Swanson, Jason, 2011. "Fluctuations of the empirical quantiles of independent Brownian motions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 479-514, March.
- Slominski, Leszek & Ziemkiewicz, Bartosz, 2009. "On weak approximations of integrals with respect to fractional Brownian motion," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 543-552, February.
- Shen, Guangjun & Chen, Chao, 2012. "Stochastic integration with respect to the sub-fractional Brownian motion with H∈(0,12)," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 240-251.
- Bojdecki, Tomasz & Talarczyk, Anna, 2012. "Particle picture interpretation of some Gaussian processes related to fractional Brownian motion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(5), pages 2134-2154.
- Harnett, Daniel & Nualart, David, 2012. "Weak convergence of the Stratonovich integral with respect to a class of Gaussian processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(10), pages 3460-3505.
- Yan, Litan & Shen, Guangjun, 2010. "On the collision local time of sub-fractional Brownian motions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(5-6), pages 296-308, March.
- Tudor, Constantin, 2008. "Inner product spaces of integrands associated to subfractional Brownian motion," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(14), pages 2201-2209, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.