On the distribution of surplus immediately before ruin under interest force
AbstractIn this paper, we consider a compound Poisson model with a constant interest force for an insurance portfolio. We investigate the distribution of surplus process immediately before ruin in particular. Equations satisfied by the distributions of surplus immediately before ruin and their Laplace transform have been obtained. Some special cases are also discussed and Lundberg-type bounds are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 55 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lihong, 2001. "On the distribution of surplus immediately after ruin under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 247-255, October.
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1995. "Ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Willmot, Gordon E. & Sheldon Lin, X., 1998. "Exact and approximate properties of the distribution of surplus before and after ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 91-110, October.
- Dufresne, Francois & Gerber, Hans U., 1988. "The surpluses immediately before and at ruin, and the amount of the claim causing ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 193-199, October.
- Wang, Rongming & Yang, Hailiang & Wang, Hanxing, 2004. "On the distribution of surplus immediately after ruin under interest force and subexponential claims," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 703-714, December.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.